[Foundation-l] Foundation Licensing Policy

effe iets anders effeietsanders at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 11:06:24 UTC 2007

Unfortunate, I can not discover any procedure how an EDP should be
written. The resolution doesnt state any procedure of approving by the
Foundation, as I beleive it was in the proposal. The backside of this
is that it is very well possible that projects will develop EDP's that
are conflicting with law, as many projects do not have sufficient
lawyer capacity (such as nlwiki), especially on US law of course, but
also on local law(s), to determine whether an EDP is conflicting or
not. Further there is no demand that the foundation can check whether
the EDP is as it was meant to. These are points I brought up earlier,
and I am sad that they were left out completely now. I hope very much
that some procedure will be developed anyway to have EDP's approved by
the WMF.

Further I understand from the examples that a project might have
multiple EDP's? (w:en:WP:FU is mentionned as one example, I guess a
project could have more EDP then just FU?)

Lodewijk