[Foundation-l] Domains

Florence Devouard Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 24 19:31:54 UTC 2007

Robert Horning wrote:
> Florence Devouard wrote:
>> Platonides wrote:
>>
>>> BTW: Who will take care of the domains now Brad resigns?
>>>

>> Reality check guys.
>>

> <*snip*>
>> anthere
>>

> Considering that the announcement of Brad's resignation just occured, it
> shouldn't be surprising that this is one issue that has just come up.
> And while I am not questioning Brad's integrity here, I am pointing out
> that a less than honorable person could take advantage of the situation
> and move the domains to some other server farm and do all sorts of other
> damage.  This is precisely why the "administrative contact" person
> should be somebody with absolutely stellar integrity and has the full
> faith and trust of not only the board but the entire community, and why
> I believe this to be a very valid question.

Whilst I have no worry at all about Brad integrity on this, my concern
was rather that for privacy reasons, I felt not confortable with us
having to read Brad mails to be able to follow up, in particular
automated systems such as registrations of domain names or trademarks.
It feels best to sometimes use generic email addresses, so that any
employee can follow up, and the address can be easily redirected to
another employee in case of cease of activity, holidays, illness, or
whatever.

This is also the interest of using a press at wikimedia.org rather than
sandy email. Better scaling and no pit when the person is not available.

ant