[Foundation-l] Wikibooks NL is changing License

Jeff V. Merkey jmerkey at wolfmountaingroup.com
Thu Mar 22 21:52:01 UTC 2007

Bryan Tong Minh wrote:

>It is not that complicated. You simply cannot sublicense your derivate
>work under the cc-by-sa. In case you edit a GFDL only document, your
>contributions are solely under the GFDL.
>
>Bryan

As I said, I think this scheme voids the GFDL -- at least based upon the
plain language
of the GFDL license. It says clearly that sublicensing is prohibiting.
Copyright holder or not, the
GFDL is a binding contract if you choose to accept it. At least that's
my read of the plain
language of the license. Other folks may have another interpretation though.

Jeff