[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] Accountability: bringing back a proposal I made nearly 2 years ago

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 01:26:29 UTC 2007

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007, Robert Horning wrote:

> And I believe you can get very meaningful contributions from many of
> these same individuals who certainly don't have a PhD.  The difference

Is anyone disputing this? If so, that should be the subject of its own
thread.

Accountability should have nothing to do with confirming or verifying the
quality of contributions; it is just like a Real Names policy -- a
question of a community's standards for trust.

> credentials on most subjects by its primary contributors.  And FA class
> articles would be on the statistical tail where I think you would be
> more likely to find educational credentials brought up in serious
> discussions.

When this comes up in serious discussions, does it carry weight?
I wouldg greatly appreciate references to where this carries weight on
Wikipedia.

SJ