[Foundation-l] BitTorrent Downloads of enwiki Images

Jeff V. Merkey jmerkey at wolfmountaingroup.com
Sat Mar 10 00:27:37 UTC 2007

I have compiled the entire library of Wikipedia's images and have a
bittorrent server ready to export this library on the internet.  I am
awaiting
word back from the Foundation for approval to enable the torrents.

I have developed an automated C based server system which mirrors all
Wikipedia images and compiles them into .bz2 archives as a library based
on XML revision and dump.   When I get final approval, I will export
these torrents to allow the images to be available from the internet.
I will be in Arizona meeting with Dine (Navajo) folks next week on their
projects, but will have email access.

The torrents will be available at

http://www.wikigadugi.org:2780

At some point.  I will let folks know when and if the Foundation has
approved this.

:-)

Jeff