[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Job: Volunteer Coordinator

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 01:54:27 UTC 2007

On 3/1/07, Delirium <delirium at hackish.org> wrote:
> Angela wrote:
> > That just leaves Danny, who only
> > moved there because the office was there, and Carolyn and whoever
> > joined since. I know Brion is moving there, but again *because* the
> > office is there, so that's not a reason to keep the office there.
>
> But that would also be true of just about everywhere else being
> proposed.  Some people are proposing San Francisco, but neither Brion
> nor Danny (nor Jimmy) lived in SF, either, so if the headquarters were
> there they would've had to move to get to it.  We're an international
> organization, and even our U.S. members are scattered across the U.S.,
> so *anywhere* will be somewhere the vast majority of us don't live.

I was going to suggest a more global-warming-proof location, given
both sea level rise and hurricane issues for St Petersberg, but I'm
typing this from the San Francisco region having already lived through
several earthquakes and waiting for another major one on the fault 4
miles from my house...  Something about glass houses comes to mind 8-)

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com