[Foundation-l] a new free image!

Barcex lv.cabc at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 20:56:14 UTC 2007

Ray,

You will think that this is a joke, but it is real. Last year, during the
the time at eswiki we were discussing the "only free material policy" the
small pro-fair-use group (mostly composed of unaware newbies and well-known
trolls) claimed that eswiki wikimedians "were losing their dignity" with
this policy because enwiki wikimedians were able to upload fair use and they
did not. Yes, sounds crazy, but it happened!  :)

In my previous e-mail I just wanted to note that at eswiki we have always
had users asking why enwiki allows fair use and eswiki don't, even before
closing uploads. While here most of us clearly see the advantages of being
"totally free", people that is not in the free-culture movement and compares
enwiki and eswiki tends to believe that it is a disadvantage.

Barcex