[Foundation-l] Promoting a non-foundation project?

Dan Bolser dan.bolser at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 20:41:55 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am writing to ask about promoting (and to promote) my project,
http://BioDatabase.Org - a MediaWiki run "database of biological
databases". This is a 'non-foundation' project run under the 'BioWiki'
collection of BioPedias - http://BiO.CC

I am not sure if this is the correct list to contact (and apologies if
it isn't), but I am interested in information regarding the promotion
of MediaWiki based projects. Like any user contributed resource, the
site needs contributors to be worth anything. I would like to find out
about where and how to try to attract users, and to ask members of
this list if they are interested in looking at this project.

I will be promoting the project to biologists via the 'bioinformatics
bulletin board' run at http://Bioinformatics.Org but the project
really needs people who know MediaWiki inside out, have experience
with working on large community projects, and who are willing to help
out with this kind of work.

Currently I am thinking to similarly email the "Wikipedia-L" list with
a 'call for contributors', but beyond that I don't know what to do...
Any suggestions are very welcome!

Thanks for all the great work!

Dan.