[Foundation-l] [foundation-l] #wikipedia changes

Sean Whitton sean at silentflame.com
Sun Jun 17 15:43:45 UTC 2007

I agree that -social will not immeadiately be popular. However, I
believe it will grow to be so: #wikimedia-social (the old one) was
split off when those in it were asked (nothing to do with me) to keep
#wikipedia more on-topic and it now has a close community. We can
create that too.

I do see what you mean about politics and popular culture. Thing is,
this can get far more than just the Wikipedia articles. When something
starts as a result of the articles and is mainly about them, fair
enough. If you have a situation where someone says "Hey, let's discuss
xyz politician, he has a Wikipedia article" then that isn't
appropriate.

Sean

—Sean Whitton (seanw)
<sean at silentflame.com>