[Foundation-l] WMF-projects: Carbon neutral/low/aware website?

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 17:05:50 UTC 2007

Carbon offsetting is a very short term method of reducing emissions.
Yes, it reduces our emissions this year, and maybe next year, but over
the next 20 years it won't make much difference. There is a very
limited amount of emissions that can be easily reduced - once people
have put enough money into offsetting schemes to reduce all of them
the cost of offsetting will grow enormously.

Incidentally - does anyone know where I can find statistics to see if
the "A cleaner environment starts with yourself" concept is true? What
percentage of carbon emissions come from things a typical person can
reduce on their own?