[Foundation-l] Following the conventions: seperating Wikisource

Mohamed Magdy mohamed.m.k at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 05:35:34 UTC 2007

If Wikisource's community discussed that issue thoroughly and agreed on
the current way, then I guess its okay.

When you visit wikisource.org , you don't know that you can add content
there. perhaps a little highlighting of what is going on the wiki is
appropriate? also having a multi-lingual main page would be great too
(introducing Wikisource with many languages)...

Dovi said that when the portal is on a wiki, it is much faster and
easier to update..I agree with that..may be all of the other portals
gets converted to mw installations? but comes the question..'the other
installations wouldn't have sysops as there are nothing there except the
main page, how it would be maintained?' a solution may say, make a sysop
there from each language..

I am with incubating other languages on wikisource.org (sub-domain or as
it is now) because as said, some languages will keep incubating till the
end of time.

About the language approval and that any new sub-domain created should
have mw completely localized, may be these unique languages don't have
enough vocabulary  to translate it? or  don't have that contributors
willing to create that vocabulary in the said language (yep, original
research :P)..

btw I have sent this thread to fndn-l and ws-l but then I noticed that I
haven't subscribed there ;)