[Foundation-l] unknown copyright status of images on meta

Pedro Sanchez pdsanchez at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 00:06:47 UTC 2007

There are many images on meta from the old days
from where images with no license info bothered no one
like
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Wp_sunflower_blue.png
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Wiki-oe-two.png
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Wikipedia-logo-infinity-face-color.png
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Pjunkwikilogov2.5copy.png
and many others from logo contests

what's the copyright status for those?
I'm assumimg full rights reserved since no notice is written
but then, I'd like to use some of those at other places
what if I wanted to print shirts? some have the word "wikipedia" so,
(and I'm ignorant on this) should trademark apply?

could someone enlightenme?
(sent to foundation-l since I don't know about a meta-l  mailing list)