[Foundation-l] Wikimania 2008 and reflecting on what Wikimania is all about

Guillaume Paumier guillom.pom at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 13:54:34 UTC 2007

Hello

On 8/17/06, Delphine Ménard <notafishz at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have read the numerous comments on the fact that we should be
> planning Wikimania well in advance, and I fully agree that choosing
> the city for Wikimania 2008 sometime at the end of 2006 or beginning
> of 2007 makes perfect sense, and we have started working on it.

This email was sent in august 2006. We said it would be better to start
planning Wikimania 2008 in advance, and before Wikimania 2007 happens. As
far as I know, not much has been done yet. For the record, there are current
bids, but not many seem to be serious:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2008/Bids

So, maybe "we" should think about it :) (call this email a "friendly
reminder"...)

--
Guillaume Paumier
[[m:User:guillom]]