[Foundation-l] Inclusion of Wikibooks

Ivan Lanin ivanlanin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 11:58:30 UTC 2007

On 6/1/07, Robert Horning <robert_horning at netzero.net> wrote:

> ... even though we don't openly seek or advertise development of
> content like this, at least by having a seperate bookshelf of content
> like this.  London is currently on the "Miscellenaous" bookshelf (a
> cataloging term for finding content on en.wikibooks):
> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikibooks:Miscellaneous_bookshelf

Ah, that's why I can't find it in the first place :) Thanks for pointing it out.

> The "Travel Guide" category clearly is something that has been thought
> up here as something that would be legitimate for additional Wikibooks.
> Certainly the Wikitravel website has pulled most of those who might want
> to write content like this, even though it is not a Wikimedia website.
> I think this is why it may be harder to find travel guide information on
> Wikibooks or why more projects like this havn't been started before.

There. Since there's nothing like Indonesian Wikitravel (for example)
yet, I guess the case is a little different for us. As long as we
stick to the "free textbooks contents" context and could attract
people to contribute, we can use Wikibooks, can't we?

> I hope that helps.

It sure helps. A lot :) Thanks.

--
Ivan Lanin - [[meta:User:IvanLanin]]