[Foundation-l] #wikipedia IRC channel guidelines review

Mark Ryan ultrablue at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 04:48:42 UTC 2007

On 31/07/07, GerardM <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mark,
> There are Wikimedia affiliated IRC channels on Freenode.
> Thanks for getting even the basics wrong.
> Thanks,
>      GerardM

This seems to be a bit nitpicky. I meant to say Wikipedia, and did.
I'm sure you know me well enough to realise I know the difference
between Wikipedia and Wikimedia.

I invited people from all Wikipedia (yes, pedia) IRC channels to the
discussion, because #wikipedia is the big central channel for all the
smaller (language-specific etc) Wikipedia channels, so they too have a
legitimate cause for complaint if #wikipedia is not being run well.
Would you rather I not invite people to give their opinions there??

~Mark Ryan