[Foundation-l] We should permit Flash video playback

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 08:35:51 UTC 2007

Hoi,
In the link it says: "Goals for Hardware (June 07 = $1,670,000 capital
expenditure)" So the budget for non capital expenses is $75.000 * 12 =
$900.000. The budget for hardware is $1.670.000,-. I fail to understand:
"Including the capital budget would only make the percentage even lower." To
me this is plain wrong.

My conclusion is that we spend more on capital expenses then on non-capital
expenses. My original conclusion was and is that when a partner pays for our
hosting, bandwidth and servers, it is a good thing. We should welcome more
offers for all inclusive hosting.

There are many other things we should spend money on. For instance to make
it possible to have a project for languages that requires a script that is
not or not completely in Unicode. We could acquire fonts that will be Free
so that we can provide fonts for those people that do not have a font for
the languages that they find content for. With some regularity we can get
content that needs major conversion to make it useful in our environment.

We should stop this unnecessary preoccupation with buying our own servers.
It prevents us from considering the other opportunities that we have that
help us realise our mission. Our mission is to provide information !!

Thanks,
     GerardM