[Foundation-l] We should permit Flash video playback

Domas Mituzas midom.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 06:00:11 UTC 2007

Hello!

>> We have about 2000TB of spinning storage on 1500 machines.

As far as I remember, 'spinning' is slight exaggeration - there were
documents how IA turns off disks after few seconds of inactivity
(power efficiency). This should be "2000TB of storage that sometimes
spins" probably.
On one hand that means lower power consumption, which is great for
archive. On another, this adds a slowstart. Dunno how much this would
affect, just the term 'spinning' made me think about it :)

--
Domas Mituzas -- http://dammit.lt/ -- [[user:midom]]