[Foundation-l] We should permit Flash video playback

Kim Bruning kim at bruning.xs4all.nl
Sat Jul 21 13:02:46 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jul 20, 2007 at 10:05:55PM -0400, Kat Walsh wrote:

> But there is no sense in cooperation for the sake of cooperation
> alone, just for the sake of "playing well with others"; we have to
> evaluate such things based on our own principles and mission first.

Yes indeed. I think that goes without saying. [1]

My point was that cooperating with people in sensible ways leads to,
well, more interesting cooperation with more interesting people in more
sensible ways.

So while cooperating for the sake of cooperating alone might be going a
_tad_ too far, it does make sense to continuously look for ways to
cooperate, be it in sensible ways. The curmudgeons laws of reality
dictate that 9 out of 10 attempts like this will turn up nothing, but
the 10th might in fact turn up something useful (like a Jan-Bart,
for instance). I'm all for more Jan-Barts.

sincerely,
	Kim Bruning

[1] Which probably means I should have said it.

--
[Non-pgp mail clients may show pgp-signature as attachment]
gpg (www.gnupg.org) Fingerprint for key  FEF9DD72