[Foundation-l] We should permit Flash video playback

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 15:54:46 UTC 2007

Hoi,
When we want to make more content available, providing better support for
fonts would be at least of equal value. Many articles about languages resort
to images to show text. For many languages fonts are not provided. For many
scripts there is not even complete support in Unicode.

Given the aims of our Foundation, I would argue that fonts are more central
to our ideals then supporting codecs.

Thanks,
      GerardM