[Foundation-l] foundation-l Notice of the results of the WMF Board of Trustees election

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Tue Jul 17 00:00:55 UTC 2007

On Jul 12, 2007, at 2:04 PM, Alex Newman wrote:
> Congrats to all. Even though I only voted for one of the users who
> won, I
> know Erik and Kat and Frieda will do a great job on the board. I'd
> have
> hoped for a little more diversity (i.e. not two US based and one
> Europe
> based) but perhaps next year there can be more seats made available
> for this
> to be easier.

Of course we now have 4 European board members and 3 American.  So,
when I think about geographic and linguistic diversity, my thinking
turns to Asia, South America, Africa,...

Erik (Germany)
Frieda (Italy)
Anthere (France)
Jan Bart (Holland)

me (US, but Anthere once said that I am no longer American but belong
to the world, which was a very sweet thing to say)
Michael Davis (US)
Kat Walsh (US)