[Foundation-l] Notice of the results of the WMF Board of Trustees election

Dedalus dedalus at wikipedia.be
Sat Jul 14 13:59:47 UTC 2007

 Walter wrote:
> "But bothem line is that is the responsibly of very Wikimedia project
> wiki community to organize there own community and inform there local
> community. That it is not the task of the WMF to hire people to make
> translations. Like was written before here this is not a kindergarden."

My impression is that voter turn out in countries with a local chapter
 of the Wikimedia Foundation are highest ranking. Correct me if I'm
 wrong.

 Walter's suggestion to "organize there own community" would I read as
 increasing the number of local chapters rapidly.

 My suggestion to the election process would be not to change anything
 - but only to start preparing and planning the election - starting
 with appointing a election committee as soon as possible to have
 plenty of time for arranging evertything that is needed.

 Dedalus