[Foundation-l] Notice of the results of the WMF Board ofTrustees election

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 07:52:32 UTC 2007

Hoi,
If the organisation wants to provide information about there being
elections, all that is really needed is one set of messages with a few
variables. The most obvious variables are the date of the election and the
type of election. With the messages as part of the MediaWiki software, the
election committee is able to do the most necessary messaging; the fact that
there is an election and what stage this process is in and possibly provide
pointers to centrally configurable pages for more information.

Yes, it would be good to have the statements of the candidates translated in
as many languages as possible, this is really good to have but it is hardly
as essential as the ability to message about the process.

An added benefit would be that the process will be standardised and not
really open to change. Once a reasonable system for elections is chosen, it
is cheapest to keep it that way. Some predictability will also help the
voters.

Thanks,
   GerardM