[Foundation-l] Future Board election procedures and guidelines

Stephen Bain stephen.bain at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 03:17:20 UTC 2007

On 7/14/07, Newyorkbrad (Wikipedia) <newyorkbrad at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are the seats whose terms expire in December 2007 held by elective or
> appointive members?  Has the Board decided how these three seats will be
> filled next time around?

There are currently seven seats.

Three are held by appointed members (Jimbo, Michael, Jan-Bart) and
their terms expire on 31 December this year. From that time onwards,
appointed members are appointed for terms of one year.

Three are held by elected members (Erik, Kat, Frieda) who were just
elected yesterday, their terms last for two years, and will expire on
30 June 2009.

The odd one out is Ant, who was an elected member whose term was due
to end 30 June this year, but she was converted to an appointed member
at the last board expansion with a term expiring on 30 June 2008. At
that time, Ant's appointed seat will be replaced by an elected seat.

I anticipate (based on the most recent Board expansion resolution)
that the Board will expand to nine members at that time, adding
another two community elected seats, with terms commencing 1 July
2008. This will result in two tranches of three elected members
serving two year terms, beginning on 1 July, offset from each other by
one year, and one tranche of appointed members with one year terms
beginning on 1 January each year.

--
Stephen Bain
stephen.bain at gmail.com