[Foundation-l] The average voter and voting systems (was Re: Notice of the results of the WMF Board of Trustees election)

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 08:26:46 UTC 2007

Hoi,
When we start thinking in terms of "tickets" then we are talking parties. I
would really hate it if what we do get politicised to this extend. It does
not matter much what system is used, the point is that we vote for a person
that is considered to be the suitable for the job. With politics creeping
into our system in this way, we become less of a community and the
polarisation and apathy will both grow.

Really do we want party politics ???

Thanks,
      GerardM