[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Pennsylvania

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 22:02:03 UTC 2007

Hoi,
There is no one history of Italy, there may be one curriculum taught in
Italy.. one indication for this, the Neapolitan language is closer to
Catalan than it is to Italian. You are mistaken when you say that only
Italian is recognised as a language by the Italian government, there are
more. Also linguistically it is not that relevant what a government calls an
official language. The Dutch sign language for instance is not considered an
official language. Ethnologue does recognise it as a separate language and
it is clearly not understandable by people who do not know the Dutch sign
language.
Thanks,
     GerardM