[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Pennsylvania

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 19:47:39 UTC 2007

Hoi,
The Wikimedia Foundation is the organisation that enables our projects. A
chapter is an organisation, most often member based, that organises
activities for the communities of the projects in that country. A chapter is
the supporting organisation for the WMF in a country,

The Wikimedia Foundation is an organisation that has a global remit. A
chapter has a national remit. It is good to differentiate between the two.
It is for this reason that a US chapter makes eminent sense.

Thanks,
     GerardM