[Foundation-l] (no subject)

FloNight sydney.poore at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 15:12:17 UTC 2007

I'm not legal counsel but I do have some knowledge about company policies
related to dependant care. I've been actively following this topic for 30
years.

Assisting employees with dependent care is common in United States
companies. It is done in various ways. Working Mothers magazine tracks the
companies that provide these benefits. Today this term covers childcare as
well as elder care.

If you look at Working Mothers 100 Best Companies list, you note that
subsidized backup childcare is common among progressive companies that
want to attract a diverse workforce.

Some companies on their list also allow their traveling workforce to
expense some of their childcare related expenses. For example,
Pfizer lets their 11,000 field sales
force expense travel related child care expenses.

You will note that many on the "companies" noted
aren't for profit organizations but large not-for profit organizations
such as United
States health care systems and  universities.

As the Foundation matures and grows, I hope that it will model itself on the
companies with the most progressive benefits programs. This will include
providing progressive reimbursement policies for key Foundation personal
including board members.

Sydney aka FloNight