[Foundation-l] Travel Policy

Luna lunasantin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 17:35:16 UTC 2007

On 7/9/07, Sue Gardner <sgardner at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Hi Luna,
>
> Jumping in a bit late on this but .. yes, normally in my experience the
> recipient of expense reports isn't specified inside the policy itself.
> That's not a policy-level item it's a practices-level item, if you
> follow me.

Re who handles borderline cases, generally I would say they would follow
> a normal escalation pattern within the office. Ultimately, in extremely
> rare cases, a borderline case might be so controversial that it would
> require a clarification or rewrite of the policy itself. That would be
> board-level work.

This (and Anthere's response) both make sense to me -- apologies, I've never
been closely interested in the dealings of an organization on this scale,
aside from governments. I'm still groping around in the dark, if you will.
Appreciate both of your responses, and of course that nobody jumped on me,
heh.

-Luna