[Foundation-l] Change default skins? (WAS: Wikimedia BrandSurvey Analysis)

Stephen Bain stephen.bain at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 08:53:14 UTC 2007

On 7/9/07, Titoxd at Wikimedia <titoxd.wikimedia at gmail.com> wrote:

> Nice to know some bright minds are thinking about this. :)
>
> Just curious, for those who can't go to Taipei: would it be better to pursue
> a unified visual theme (to underscore coherency within the organization) or
> would it be better to pursue different themes (to underscore each project's
> independence)? I guess a lot of this boils down to the response individual
> communities will have...

There should certainly be unifying visual elements, but different
projects have different needs from their interface. For example, I'm
working on a new skin at the moment that draws on ideas from various
image sharing websites which hopefully will be useful for Commons
which deals primarily with media.

--
Stephen Bain
stephen.bain at gmail.com