[Foundation-l] Update board meeting report june 2007

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Sun Jul 8 21:56:18 UTC 2007

On 7/8/07, Brion Vibber <brion at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> "Ha ha look at you you, followed a link someone else wrote or you typed
> 'wikipedia' in your browser and it sent you automatically to
> 'wikipedia.com' and now we're going to make fun of you! Ha ha! We think
> you're stupid!"

I agree that turning wikipedia.com into a big "we are not a dot com"
portal would be overkill. But it seems perfectly reasonable to add a
small but conspicuous notice (a little orange box, for example) to
this effect at the top of the standard portal when people access it
through the .com.

--
Toward Peace, Love & Progress:
Erik