[Foundation-l] Election mailings

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 23:55:52 UTC 2007

Today some people came forward to ask how to do mailings for some
other projects. As I said, I'd be glad to do so.

While I would like to generate mailing for all of the projects, the
time available will probably make that impossible, so the projects
with the highest absolute participation in the current and previous
elections will get my first priority.

if anyone would like to do their own mailing for the smaller projects
that I can not reach I would be glad to help some.. but the process is
very manual and tedious.

I have generated lists for itwiki and for nlwiki. Fiwiki, Plwiki,
Nowiki, trwiki, ptwiki should all be no problem.

I understand someone is already working on a mailing for dewiki.  If
this information is incorrect I can still do a dewiki mailing,
although I hope someone else is doing it...

I am having trouble generating a list for frwiki, jawiki, and eswiki.

What I am lacking are:

1) Good encouragement letters to send to voters on projects that would
like to participate.

A good letter will be encouraging but neutral towards the candates. I
will not direct people to private recommendation lists, as useful as
they may be... Perhaps in the future the official election pages will
offer space for people to link to private reviews of the people who
are running?

It would be useful and honest to include something like "After sending
emails across the English wikipedia, the rate of voting increased
dramatically. I hope this message encourages you to consider voting,
too.".

2) Someone from each project who can be the 'apparent' sender of the
emails.  On enwiki I have received *many* from people who are confused
by the voting software. Someone will need to answer messages like
these.

Thanks.