[Foundation-l] Will the Board accept the election result?

Austin Hair adhair at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 21:44:59 UTC 2007

On 7/7/07, GerardM <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> The reason why I object to Danny is because of my personal dealings with
> Danny. These and other things I have learned, observed make him a person
> that is in my honest opinion not the right person for the function of board
> member of the WMF.

I have no problem with this position, and for that reason you should
feel free to not vote for him, and to urge others not to vote for him.
 You can even vote for everyone but him, if you are so inclined.

I do not, however, see any reason he should feel compelled to justify,
to your satisfaction, why he's running.  The mere fact that he wants
to is grounds enough in our system, and others have provided less.

Even then, the very strong statements that he's made have indicated,
to me anyway, that he believes the current board has made bad
decisions and that he seeks to change several precisely enumerated
things.  Whether I agree or not, I have no problem divining the reason
he wants a seat on the board.

The fact that Greg Maxwell spammed users of the English Wikipedia
certainly does not "change the rules" and justify renewing a vitriolic
smear campaign.  It seems hateful and petty, and I expect more from,
well, everyone.

Austin