[Foundation-l] for the future...

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 20:08:36 UTC 2007

[offlist]

Hi David. As always, thanks for the clue hammer.

> > We have a header at the top of each page, that's enough.
> > Why would people need more?
> Because, as has been discussed at length in this thread, it's (a)
> inadequate (b) was demonstrably misleading *in practice*.

Comparative effectiveness:
http://myrandomnode.dyndns.org/votes.png

I took action at around 400,000 seconds.. but I guess I don't have to
tell you that.

I have a slight concern that we may end up a bit English heavy in the
results.. but not much of one: If enwiki had the same relative turnout
percentage as DE enwiki would be around 70% of the voters.... and
we're currently a long way from that.

I have no idea what the election outcome will be... which is far less
than I knew when turnout was really miserable. I don't know how these
people will vote, since as far as I can tell this is the first time a
lot of them have ever been asked about how we run things (most of the
eligible don't participate much in the normal community drama)...

I do know that is has been a wild ride.

Cheers.