[Foundation-l] problem voting

Tim Starling tstarling at wikimedia.org
Wed Jul 4 13:01:01 UTC 2007

Christopher Mahan wrote:
> Something is not all right with the voting system. Got this at:
>
> https://wikimedia.spi-inc.org/index.php/Special:Boardvote/vote
>
> ----------
>
> Welcome Christopher Mahan at enwiki!
>
> You are not qualified to vote in this election. You need to have made
> 400 edits before 00:00, 1 June 2007, and your first edit must be
> before 00:00, 1 March 2007.
>
> Note that you need to come to the election page via the wiki where
> you have the most edits. If you came here via meta, go back to your
> home wiki and then visit Special:Boardvote there.
>
> ----------
> Uh, I've been active since 2002 and have 3000+ edits (not that I'm
> counting)
> And yes, I logged in to the right wiki (en.wikipedia.org) and then
> went to the Special:Boardvote page from there.
>
> Please advise.

The problem is that there is some database inconsistency with your
contributions.

mysql> select rev_user_text,count(*) from revision where rev_user=695
group by rev_user_text;
+-------------------+----------+
| rev_user_text     | count(*) |
| 0                 |        2 |
| Chris_mahan       |      737 |
| Christopher Mahan |     3417 |
3 rows in set (13.71 sec)

You're listed under Chris_mahan, which is quite wrong. I'll be sending an
amended voter list to SPI shortly.

-- Tim Starling