[Foundation-l] for the future...

oscar van dillen oscarvandillen at wikimedia.org
Wed Jul 4 10:21:22 UTC 2007

On 7/4/07, Robert Horning <robert_horning at netzero.net> wrote:

> geni wrote:
> > On 7/3/07, Jimmy Wales <jwales at wikia.com> wrote:
> >
> >> It seems pretty clear to me that it would be reasonable for the
> >> Foundation to send out an official election reminder by email in all
> >> languages (or as many as we can muster) next time around.  Thoughts?
> >>

> > As long as it was done after a few days rather than at the start of
> > elections and as long as the practice doesn't spread to other
> > foundation activities it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
> >

> What is wrong with a very low traffic opt-in mailing list called
> "Announcement-l" or something similar?  Where you can receive general
> announcements about things like Wikimania, upcoming elections, changes
> in board membership/leadership, and other significant issues of interest
> to the larger community?
>
> There is more than one way to deal with this issue.
>
> -- Robert Horning

a list announce-l already exitsts see
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/announce-l

it was originally intended for the purpose of foundation-announcements if i
remember correctly, but largely unused; it is being used by wikizine for
some time now. (wikizine did some specials on the elections as well btw)

best regards,
oscar

--
*edito ergo sum*

DISCLAIMER: This message does not represent an official position of the
Wikimedia Foundation nor of its Board of Trustees.