[Foundation-l] for the future...

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 04:29:12 UTC 2007

> It seems pretty clear to me that it would be reasonable for the
> Foundation to send out an official election reminder by email in all
> languages (or as many as we can muster) next time around.  Thoughts?

+1 support. If you're on a mailing list, or if you've even read the
candidate statements, you're in a very small minority of Wikimedia
editors. It makes the election more healthy, representative and
legitimate if a high %age of eligible voters actually vote. You can't
explain in a one-line sitenotice why voting is important or relevant,
so email would be an appropriate forum for that.

Greg's email was well-crafted and impartially worded, and should be a
good lead for how we can improve voter turnout in future elections.

cheers
Brianna
user:pfctdayelise

http://modernthings.org/