[Foundation-l] for the future...

Robert Horning robert_horning at netzero.net
Tue Jul 3 23:32:23 UTC 2007

geni wrote:
> On 7/3/07, Jimmy Wales <jwales at wikia.com> wrote:
>
>> It seems pretty clear to me that it would be reasonable for the
>> Foundation to send out an official election reminder by email in all
>> languages (or as many as we can muster) next time around.  Thoughts?
>>

> As long as it was done after a few days rather than at the start of
> elections and as long as the practice doesn't spread to other
> foundation activities it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

What is wrong with a very low traffic opt-in mailing list called
"Announcement-l" or something similar?  Where you can receive general
announcements about things like Wikimania, upcoming elections, changes
in board membership/leadership, and other significant issues of interest
to the larger community?

There is more than one way to deal with this issue.

-- Robert Horning