[Foundation-l] Ombudsman Commission: Verification of checkuser results

Dmcdevit dmcdevit at cox.net
Mon Jul 2 22:39:59 UTC 2007

Nathan Carter wrote:
> There has been a *possible* privacy violation. The Ombudsman Commission
> according to meta can investigate "cases of such policy breach or CheckUser
> abuse for the board in an official manner". Pretty much, I need to know why
> the IP of a user was published without their consent. One has been editing
> anonymously while another hasn't.

Sensitive information cannot be discussed here though. Why not take this
to the checkuser mailing list, or find an English Wikipedia checkuser
who you can confer with privately? This isn't accomplishing anything.
>> the case that you are investigating a disputed result, which strikes me
>> as odd, is there some special cause for concern? Have you talked to the
>> checkuser involved yet?
>>

> Of course I have, as I have in the past.
I think you will find that that has not been the experience of all
subjects of your investigations.

Dominic