[Foundation-l] We really need to avoid the next Microsoft-Wikipedia bad publicity storm

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 11:23:29 UTC 2007

On 31/01/07, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> There are a number of people who would come to mind for this work. I
> don't think Slashdot's wisdom, may the IPU bless them, will help us
> here; like so many other things, it's really a matter of investing the
> resources in getting the tech work done.

Mmm. I don't think the tech side is a problem - a web form that goes
to a publicly-viewable or somewhat-viewable queue maybe.

The big issue in my mind is how to get people interested in even
dealing with such a queue. wikien-l, the most likely first source of
volunteers, was pretty tepid about the idea, some even questioning it
was appropriate at all. I still think we do need something like this
to avoid the next media silliness.

- d.