[Foundation-l] Sigh, problems with non-Latin usernames again

Matt R matt_crypto at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 30 00:48:08 UTC 2007

--- Anders Wegge Jakobsen <wegge at wegge.dk> wrote:

> Matt R <matt_crypto at yahoo.co.uk> writes:
>
> > --- Anders Wegge Jakobsen <wegge at wegge.dk> wrote:
>
> > Non-Latin usernames make distinguishing and recognising users *much*
> > harder.
>
>  Sure ... Then go ahead and transliterate your name into
> chinese. After all, it's just 30 seconds og effort on your part :-)

We can presume that this would not normally be particularly difficult if I was
going to be having non-trivial interactions with other editors on the Chinese
Wikipedia -- the context under discussion if you have been following the
thread.

>  Tough for you then. Grow up and learn coping with the globalized
> world. I'm putting you in [[Category:Idiot]] you have failed to demonstrate
> the intelligence needed to be called bigot, much less racist. Tough
> shit.

I'm sad that you feel abuse is an acceptable method of arguing your point. I
presume it's because your rational arguments are exhausted. In any case, this
conversation is over.

-- Matt

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Matt_Crypto
Blog: http://cipher-text.blogspot.com