[Foundation-l] Sigh, problems with non-Latin usernames again

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Mon Jan 29 20:14:00 UTC 2007

Gerard Meijssen wrote:

>If "common sense" means that discrimination is permitted than I do
>agree. When discrimination is permitted by the Wikimedia Foundation, a
>black veil darkens what used to be a more bright promise of a world.
>There are always ways to rationalise away what is not convenient to
>consider.
>
>I do not need to tell you how I abhor your POV.

I don't think ridiculous and intellectually dishonest hyperbole are
necessary.  In particular, to use your terminology, you are darkening
the world with discrimination as well.  The choice is whether to
discriminate against users who would prefer to work in an environment
where they recognize the scripts, or against users who would prefer to
use a script different than the local Wikipedia.  Obviously one of them
must be done, and this is a matter of pragmatics and which policy we
think is best, not of "discrimination" to use your ridiculous and
frankly idiotic terminology.

-Mark