[Foundation-l] [Announcement] Welcome to the advisory group

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 14:59:53 UTC 2007

On 28/01/07, Florence Devouard <anthere at anthere.org> wrote:

> As decided last august, we set up an advisory group according to
> resolution http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Advisory_board
> You'll find the entire list here:
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Advisory_Board

Excellent selections!

What sort of thing would we bug them with, through what channel?

I'm wondering on the issue of setting up an "editorial concerns"
channel for English Wikipedia, our vastly successful and troublesome
child. Mathias Schindler floated the idea after the Microsoft press in
the past few days and I repeated the suggestion on Friday.

I can't say I'm having great success or a wave of people going "Hell
yes, that's a great idea! I'll volunteer to help monitor that!"
Evidently I'm just not using something that the cats think is tuna.
HELP NEEDED.

Having an editorial concerns channel is I think an obviously nice idea; how to
deal with the likely flood of crap^Wless valid concerns and the lack
of a wave of volunteers going "hell yes, I'll watch it" is another
matter. How would this remarkable selection of social website experts
suggest we attract and keep the volunteers for it? I'm at a loss.

- d.