[Foundation-l] need assistance for spam blacklist

Ashar Voultoiz hashar at altern.org
Sat Jan 27 13:04:41 UTC 2007

Aude wrote:
<snip>
> I'm new to IRC, trying to figure out what various channels are, and get the
> hang of it.  According to Wikipedia, "
> mIRC<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIRC>is the most popular IRC client
> on Windows based systems
> [ *citation needed* <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citing_sources>]."
> Is this true?

Hello Aude,

In the Windows world, mIRC is the most used client. It is good enough
for most people.

> I have looked over the list of channels,
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/IRC_channels  #wikimedia seems like the place
> to get hold of foundation/metawiki folks, though I see little activity
> there.

You can join several channels at the same time, #wikimedia is to talk
about the foundation, #wikipedia-en for the english wikipedia.

<snip>
> And, what do you mean by "!admin"?  the admin channel? or is that some IRC
> command?

This just means some people have made it so that when anyone write
"!admin" it will make some noise in their IRC client.

<snip>

--
Ashar Voultoiz - WP++++
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Hashar