[Foundation-l] Promotion of Indian languages

geni geniice at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 20:45:12 UTC 2007

On 1/25/07, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi,
> The refusal of the Montenegrin was not a mess. Furthermore this matter
> is not closed with the denial of this project.

It wasn't exactly tidy either.

> I sincerely hope that your vision of the future will never happen. To me
> is is a horrible view of the future. One single language with many
> cultures doomed as a result. No thanks. NB where to go on a holiday,
> every thing is the same ... BRRRR

Mexico and Argentina both speak Spanish. There are significant
cultural differences.

So the idea that you need a unique language to have a unique culture
is false. In the past where only a few communicated between states
language differences were of little importance. Now communication is
becoming more widespread and languages are becoming an increasingly
significant barrier.

--
geni