[Foundation-l] WikiGadugi Wikipedia Rating???

Dominic McDevitt-Parks dmcdevit at cox.net
Sun Jan 21 08:26:03 UTC 2007

There are a few problems with the site currently. In order to be in
compliance, you must also credit Wikipedia as your source. I'm clicking
"random page" and not seeing any articles that do this. They are just
direct copies with no reference to Wikipedia. You should have a note,
perhaps at the bottom of the page, like:

This article is licensed under the <a href="gfdl.html">
 GNU Free Documentation License</a>. It uses material from the
"Foo"</a>.

Also, your content does not appear to be licensed under the GFDL; it
says on each page: "Content is available under Wikigadugi Public License
<http://www.wikigadugi.org/index.php/License>." And the link to that
license is broken. Your disclaimer and about pages linked at the bottom
are also blank, so I'm not sure where the GFDL is posted to your site.

In order to comply: You must link to a local copy of the GFDL, you must
make it clear that the content from Wikipedia is available under the
GFDL license, your materials in turn have to be licensed under GFDL, you
must credit Wikipedia and link back to the source article. We also
recommend that you include the date of the version copied, so that one
is able to clearly figure out the authors by checking the history tab
(it will likely have changed since you copied the content, and the
authorship will have changed, too).

Dominic