[Foundation-l] P2 - PEERPEDIA

thomasasta at gmx.net thomasasta at gmx.net
Thu Jan 18 12:33:13 UTC 2007

hi anthere

ok, no problem, I was upset, because agreeing on a (open search) project (wikiasari) means as well not to lauch third party projets with the same ideas and names just in time to disturb the agreement (wkiseek is bashing wikisari, if not the same people are running it). But that is market.
Here: There was the post about a sub-project of the wikipedia to start an open search engine owned by the foundation.

As no one is interested in peerpedia, we can stop this and bundle the power to the brand yacy. Though wikimedia supporting an open search engine would offer a goog synergy effect.
Then we just discuss here normal and not innovative things and just watch wikiasari and third party advertising models.
Though besides  the branding and a project, it would be nice, having some servers - as said - indexing the wikipedia for yacy.net financed by the 1 Mio dollars.

Here a PC (3000 AMD MHz, 40 GB, 512 MB RAM) costs 199 Euro, we have for the term "madonna" 45 languages in wikipedia, so to buy 50 servers this will cost 10.000 euro, linux java yacy software is for free. Bandwidth overhead just 5.000 euro.
This is in US Dollar just about 10.000 Dollar, which I wanted to have you invested in 50 servers indexing with yacy the wikipedia, providing to the p2p search engine.

we need no peerpedia domain or a project management, just 10.000 Dollars for 50 desktop pc´s indexing wikipedia in an open source engine.

Is that too much to request? Who in persona is deciding about this investment and which technician or engineer is able to install the pc´s?

-------- Original-Nachricht --------