[Foundation-l] wikiseek is out

thomasasta at gmx.net thomasasta at gmx.net
Tue Jan 16 23:51:15 UTC 2007

Andre,

you can do this as well with one node indexing each wikipedia in each country with the local database of a www.yacy.net node installation.
Just one desktop-pc or server for each wikipedia language country.

http://www.yacy-forum.de/viewtopic.php?p=30239
http://start.xiando.org/sitesearch

see the search fields, you can adjust to search only from the local wikipedia site (you get your language search) and you can filter our all related keywords, if you choose one hop indexing.

and then you can search the internet, which could as well refer to a local database, if the yacy node is not connected to the network, then is is like a local search engine, wikipedia alreay has.

Why wikiseek is evil, you can read it here:
http://lists.wikia.com/pipermail/search-l/2007-January/000186.html

:-)

-------- Original-Nachricht --------