[Foundation-l] Board meeting in Rotterdam later this week

teun spaans teun.spaans at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 09:00:20 UTC 2007

I do recognise that there is a difference between the italian
wikipedia and the what italian citizens are allowed to post to it.

You as a US citizen, working from the US, may write in italian on the
itialian wiki.

All I say is that there migh well be a difference for Italians working
on the italian wiki, doing so from italian territory. We may say on
every page that we are only bound by florida law because the
foundation is registered in florida and the servers are hosted there.
But an italian judge may very well decide to disagree, especially if
the claiment is also italian, and the readers are likely to be in
italy as well. He may decide to take up a case, and the italian
volunteer might be sued despite all our florida claims.

Your edits on the german wiki are probably safe, as you are a us
citizen working from the us. Still, german justice might decide to
pick you up if you should ever decide to visiti germany (not likely,
though)

You do well to separate languages from nationalities. German is also
spoken in Switzerland, Austria, and parts of France and Belgium.
But you cannot say: Because wel claim Florida law apllies to all wiki
projects, Florida law is all an italian wikipedian has to reccon with.

teun