[Foundation-l] Fundraising and site notice

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 13:01:16 UTC 2007

Anthony schreef:
> On 1/7/07, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Oldak Quill schreef:

>>> Regardless of whether I agreed with the Virgin notice or not, this is
>>> an excellent move on behalf of the Foundation. It demonstrates the
>>> Foundation's responsiveness to Wikimedians and that there is no
>>> bureaucratic disconnect (which is always a worry when a project like
>>> ours begins to organise into formalised institutions and structures).
>>>
>>> Thanks Florence and the rest of the team. You're doing an excellent job.
>>>

>> Hoi,
>> I am afraid you did not read the whole of Florence her e-mail, or you
>> only read what you want to read.. "Fourth, we'll go on with limited
>> funds. Limited means we'll go delaying certain issues. That's life !"
>>
>> This means that things that are deemed necessary will not happen or will
>> not happen in the near future for lack of funds.
>>

> Ant didn't say anything about the issues which were delayed being
> *necessary*.  Framing it that way seems unfair.

Hoi,
Anthere is quiet explicit: "Limited means we'll go delaying certain
issues". It means that things that are deemed to be necessary by the
board will be postponed. In my opinion it is unfair that you do not
accept that the lack of funding inhibits what the Wikimedia Foundation
is able to do. It is quite obvious that lack of funding is holding us back.
Thanks,
      GerardM