[Foundation-l] Auction (Was: alternatives)

effe iets anders effeietsanders at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 00:19:20 UTC 2007

Just another thought that came up with me today:

What about an auction. I dont know whether there is interesting stuff enough
to collect, and I dont expect thousends of dollars out of it, but wouldn't
it be fun for the community to have something like an auction? People can
give stuff that could be "cool to have" for the auction, to the foundation,
and the person that bids the highest amount of money, can get the thing. For
instance, I would be thinking of a postcard witht he signatures of all
boardmembers, a used cigarette of oscar (no, not really, please come up with
something more fun! :P ) or maybe even approach famous people to donate
something that belongs to them for this cause. The stuff can varie to
everything, but should be intensively prepared probably.

Would this be fun for the community? Would it be creating some money to the
foundation, would it be worth while? Are there maybe more ideas in this
trend, that together get a meaningfull amount of money together?

I understand of course it wont be possible anymore for this very
fundraising, but I think it would be an idea for the next one. I'm not sure
whether the foundation should "lower" itself to this level, or maybe it
explicitely *should*. Please shoot! :)

Lodewijk